Jom Follow Saya

PREPAID PALING MURAH DI PASARAN

Wednesday, July 23, 2008

DURIAN.... MY NASI DURIAN MEMORY...

Salam semua…

It has been a while since the very last time I updated my blog. Actually, my workload has become a mountain… and my company procedure in internet usage become so strict for the past few weeks. They have been trying to chase staff who used internet excessively… (I guessed I was one of them apart from I am using the legal internet access while most of them using Firefox or Metacafe). Heard from my colleagues, they might be issued with warning letter… if only I was in that condition.. it is a nightmare…!!! Just wishing that they won’t block blogspot or else…I dunno what to do during my free hours. It is terrible indeed to learn that many websites already filtered and blocked by IT.

Durian season… actually nowadays you can find durian at anytime. Not like maybe 20-30 years ago when people will rushed back to kampung when the season begin. Me myself didn’t have the opportunity to do so nowadays especially when the budget getting tight and time doesn’t permits to do that… oh anyway, I want to share one of my memory of durian season back in… hmm.. I can’t remember exactly the year..but let’s consider it as my childhood memories with my late grandfather.

As far as I can remember, it was during my primary school years when I was living with Atok & Ucu. When the season arrived, my compulsory activity was to get up early and search for durian in the small kebun belongs to Atok. Durian Kampung always tastes better. We made a lot of dishes using durian beside having it like that…

Pulut durian, santan durian, gula durian, bubur kacang durian…. The unique one that I bet you may never always seen it is Nasi Durian. I remembered one day during lunchtime… first time ever I discovered a meal call nasi Durian when Atok made it for his lunch. Nasi Durian composed with Hot Cooked Rice, A Few Pieces of Durian, Coconut Milk (cooked with salt to taste…never take it uncooked..!!) and sugar… I tried once that time but it can’t never get into my throat… hehehe…

Until last year, when I was carrying Eiman… suddenly I missed Atok so much. He passed away in 1994…and there was the day when my husband bought durian and suddenly I was so tempted to re-try my Atoks’ favourite ‘durian-based’ dish. And it was the moment I re-discovered Nasi Durian was so delicious and promised to keep it as a heritage (even not in Malaysia…but in my family). I cooked it two days ago. And Anis loves it. But beware..!!! Something tastes good not always good for health… SENDIRI MAU INGAT MAAA….!!!

First of all… DURIAN itself contains enormous amount of fat and sugar. With additional sugar and fat from the coconut milk.. can you imagine?

It doesn’t mean you can’t have it… you can… but not in a huge amount and frequent. Yes.. 20-30 years ago, durian season once a year … maybe that is the reason old folks can keep themselves fit and free from those critical illness compare to nowadays.

I will definitely have it once a year… so far it is more than enough to satisfy my craves… and of course, to keep my childhood memories with Atok remains……

No comments:

Post a Comment